Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Naps

Oh naps. Before my babe came along I had no idea that babies needed daytime naps. Of course I knew that they sleep a lot, but little did I know that naps are necessary. Eme has been struggling with naps for almost 2 months. I was able to put her down for a nap, but the trouble was having her sleep longer than 30-45 minutes. I've read that babies have sleep cycles that last approximately 45 minutes and often have a hard time consolidating them. Well, I don't know if it's her age or just a one time miracle, but she slept for 90 minutes! She stirred around the 45 minute mark, but after 5 minutes she fell back asleep and I did not intervene. This. is. amazing. Amazing because just yesterday she was waking up crying every 30 minutes and needed to be shushed/patted back down. Maybe the acid reflux medication is helping her or maybe it's because she's almost 100 days old. Whatever it is, I hope it continues. She is a happier baby when she gets a good nap. About the 100 day thing- it's Korean tradition to celebrate a baby's 100th day because back in the day so many babies died before their 100th day. So this weekend we celebrate her 100th day, yay!

No comments: