Thursday, March 14, 2013

Who is this baby?

I don't know what's going on, but something is up. For the past two days my babe has been showing me CLEAR signs of sleepiness. She'll rub her eyes a lot and eventually she will start whimpering. I quickly swaddle her, lay her down in the crib and within seconds she's knocked out. No twinkle twinkle little star sung, no shush/pat, no rocking or holding. As I write this I am aware that I'm jinxing myself, but like I wrote in the previous post, this is AMAZING. Not too long ago (last week) I was reading 5 different books on naps/sleep training. None of them seem to really help. Maybe all she needed was time? Or reflux medication? I don't know, all I know is I'm thankful. So so so thankful. Let's keep this up!

She's 3 months now and these are some new things that happened this month:
  • laughing out loud
  • napping longer than 30 minutes
  • bearing weight on feet
  • shoving whole fist in mouth
  • clasping hands together
I've also seen an increased amount of:
  • cooing
  • smiling
  • kicking legs
  • drooling
She continues to take Zantac twice a day (1.5 mL) and I think that it's helping her. She's spitting up less and in general seems to be in a better mood. I also don't see her regurgitating cottage cheese-like spit up that smells really sour/acidic. The only thing is that Zantac tastes terrible and she hates it when we give it to her. I tried to look into getting it flavored, but we have to get a new prescription for that and the pharmacy near our home does not flavor medication. boo. 
just hanging out

No comments: